Thursday, July 09, 2009

Meeting New Miami University (Oxford, OH) Headcoach - Michael Haywood


Hey Football One on One Fans,


By now, you know that I'm a proud Miami University alumni football player who played at MU from 1979-1980 and lettered in 1980. I enjoyed every moment of my practicing, scout and playing days at MU. I can still remember that day in 1978 in which I visited Headcoach Tom Reed in his office and asked if I could become a "walk-on" on the team. He responded "sure -- you are more than welcome to join the team."


After going through tough off-season conditioning and spring football, I finally proved to everyone on the team that I deserved to be on the team despite being the smallest player on the team. My teammates nicknamed me -- "Beetle" and I never looked back again -- I just enjoyed every moment thereafter being on the team and earning my letter. A few of my football teammates and coach who were on the team included Don Treadwell, Kirk Springs, Alvin Hall, Greg Jones, Howard Daniels, and Ronnie Brinson along with quarterback coach Jim Tressel. I had so much fun being apart of this team and tradition that it makes me feel prideful everytime I think about Miami Football.


Well, a few days ago, I had the chance to visit Oxford, Ohio and check out the stadium and the new Headcoach -- Michael Haywood. My family and I were actually visiting the campus for my daughter and after the visit, I had to go over to the football facilities and give congratulations to Headcoach Haywood.


As a Miami University football alumni, we give much respect and support to the new coach and coaching staff and wish they do well for the upcoming 2009 Miami Redhawk season!! Here is a link to to MU Football:


Let's Go Redhawk!! It's time to restore the MU Football Winning Tradition!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home