Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bo Schembeckler -- Mr. Michigan Wolverine!

By now, you have heard about the passing of Bo Schembeckler. Talk about a classic coach -- Bo was one of them. Although I never met Mr. Schembeckler, I do respect him immensely as a fan and as a former football player. Just to have seen him coach from a far and know how he gave his body and soul to the Michigan Wolverine team and the state of Michigan, I was totally impressed.

Since I grew up in Ohio, I was naturally a Woody Hayes fan!! The classic matchups between Bo and Woody were beyond the football game -- These were two legends -- Mentor and Protege!! Interestingly, I knew that Bo went to my alma mater -- Miami University (Ohio) and even coached at Miami University before going to Michigan!!

Then, when I lived in Michigan for five years, I was able to see much more of Bo. He was indeed a legend and he gave alot of his time to help so many players, the players families and the community. Bo was definitely a committed and emotional person!!

WE WILL MISS YOU BO!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home